By Leo Babauta
Today is my 44th birthday (thanks mom!) and I have a gift for you, my beautiful readers:
It’s called The 44 Training Program: Turning Uncertainty to Find Mindful Openness.
What the heck is that? It’s a video training program that I’m offering for free, to help you:
- Overcome uncertainty, anxiety, fear, discomfort and procrastination
- Find peace, mindful openness, gratitude and joy
- Transform your difficulties and pain into growth and beauty
- Overcome any struggle you’re having right now
Wow, can it really do all that?! Yes. Yes, my friends, it can. If you put in the effort to train.
What It’s About
In our lives, we have lots of difficulty: stress, anxiety, anger and frustration, plus the pain of loss and heartbreak and massive change, not to mention major illness and chronic pain and depression.
How do we deal with all of this? We can use it, as the place of transformation to happiness and peace. We can use it, as a way to awaken, to touch our inner goodness, to connect with the pain of others.
The place we find peace and mindfulness and happiness isn’t somewhere away from the pain and struggle … it’s right in the midst of it.
This program is about training ourselves to be mindful, to find peace in the midst of chaos and pain, to get good at dealing with discomfort and change and uncertainty.
This program is about simple practices that train our minds and our hearts. It’s my life’s work.
How It Works
So how does it work? It’s simple:
- You train with 11 different practices, 4 days each. So 44 days total.
- The daily practice sessions should take only 5-10 minutes a day.
- If you sign up below, you’ll get an email every other day, with videos for each practice and a short article to encourage and inform your practice.
- With each practice, I just ask you to give me a little feedback on how it’s going, to help me make the program better.
It’s mind training, training in uncertainty and discomfort, training in transforming our struggles and fear into openness and joy (as I shared in my mission a couple days ago).
Sign up below, and get started with the Intro video today!
You might have a few questions, here are the answers:
Question: Is this going to take a lot of my time?
Answer: It should take about 5-10 minutes a day, for 44 days, not including watching the short instructional videos.
Question: Are you going to try to sell me something if I sign up?
Answer: No. There are no “upsells” or soft sells or anything else. No spam. No marketing. Just short videos and short articles.
Question: What do I need to do this program?
Answer: A quiet place to sit for a few minutes would be ideal, but you could make it work on your commute, on the toilet, walking outside. An open mind is also great. And the willingness to commit to the practice for 44 days.
Source: Zen Habits