“You must do the things you think you cannot do.”
By Leo Babauta
Many of us know the feeling of turning away from our finances — it’s yet another way we put off dealing with something stressful.
Whether it’s looking at our overspending on online shopping, our credit card debt, our taxes, our lack of income, or lack of a budget, our piled up bills … we don’t want to look at that mess.
But not looking at the mess doesn’t solve the problem. We have to turn and face it, to start taking positive action.
And so this month, I invite you to join me and over a thousand others in my Sea Change Program as we take on the Awesome Finances Challenge in October.
It’s a challenge to bring fearlessness to an area you’ve been avoiding.
This challenge is for anyone who:
- Is in debt
- Doesn’t track their finances
- Is behind on taxes
- Has unpaid bills they don’t want to face
- Feels that their finances are a mess
- Wants to finally face this scary but important topic
- Wants to get things in order
Is that you? Then you need this challenge! Let’s do this together!
How the Challenge Works
Here’s how the challenge works — you set aside time to work on your finances a little each day, and report weekly (or daily if you like) on how it goes.
- Week 1: Start Sorting Fearlessly Through the Messes. In the first week, you simply need to create 5-10 minutes to start sorting through any financial messes you might have. Have debts? List them out in order of how much you owe, with the minimum payment for each and the date they’re due. Yes, this is a fearless practice of facing what we fear! Do the same for taxes, bills you have to pay, your budget if you have one, piles of financial papers (or emails), emails to your accountant if you have one, etc. Don’t worry, you can do this!
- Week 2: Start Creating Awesome Finances. We’ll continue our daily sessions but this week, we’re going to dive into setting up our finances in an awesome way. I will recommend a budgeting tool for this week, but you can use your own if you already have one.
- Week 3: Continue to Sort & Organize. Again, continuing with the daily sessions, we’ll keep tackling the messes, and get things in awesome order!
- Week 4: Create Awesome Structure. This week is about creating structure for our finances going forward that will keep them in an awesome place.
Can you commit to working on your finances each day?
Join us in Sea Change as we take on the Awesome Finances Challenge together.
You can join for a week for free (then $15/month after), and you get:
- Content on the monthly challenge
- A live video webinar with me where you can ask questions
- A supportive community of Sea Change members
- Small teams where you can get accountability
- A huge library of content to tackle any habit you’re interested in
- A habit tracker web app
Source: Zen Habits